Monday, January 11, 2010

Registration Madness

Today was the first day of classes. Instead of registering online, you must walk around here, collect all time tables for each department, and then decide what you are going to take. This didn't really make sense to me because if classes start today.... shouldn't we know when then are? We wondered around campus today collecting the time tables, and got ridiculously lost many time. I felt as though I was on a scavenger hunt and the time table where distinctly hidden. No stair ways or hallways are marked, and the maps are not very detailed so it made it incredibly hard. After our wild goose chase it was lunch time, so I was finally able to sit down and try to work my schedule out. We had the 1st week to "sample" classes, and then we must decide by later on next week. I find that sort of odd because then you can miss up to a week and a half of class.....? Later on in the afternoon I was able to attend two classes, which I found fairly interesting. I was glad that the professors did not have very thick accents because I find it hard to understand.

So far I have decided on these courses....
Archaeology- Celts, Vikings, and Normans
History- Ireland in the 19th Century
History- Rise of Modern American
Archaeology- The development of the Castle in Medieval Europe.

The seem quite interesting so far! I need to decide on one more course so I will have a credit load of 15 credits.

1 comment:

  1. That is much different! Sample classes sound cool! Good luck with the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete