Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Days in Ireland

So I've made it to Ireland after 29 hours of traveling. The flights were smooth overall, just a lot of waiting at the airports.

I'm living in Cuirt Na Coiribe. My address is ....
Lauren Anderson
Cuirt Na Coiribe #26 C
Headford Road
Galway, Ireland

Our apartments are super nice, and we even get our own rooms. I had a great experience on the first night... I plugged in my hair dryer into my adapter and the hair dryer caught on fire. That was eventful! We went out as a class on our first night and toasted our very first Guinessess in a family restaurant called Doma. We toured the campus the next day, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I will be sure to post pictures of the buildings soon. It's much bigger than Linfield though! There are 15,000 students. Our tour guide was quite comical and claimed that he knew we were all American's because we were all wearing North Face Jackets...

Later that evening we met up with one of my sorority sisters, Amber, who is living in Galway and working as a nanny. She took us through Ayre square in downtown Galway, which was absolutely gorgeous. We went to a traditional Irish Pub off of Shop street downtown called Salt Hill. She is going to take us to the Saturday market this weekend as well.

Today was orientation. It was a bit dull but we found out a lot of good information and even learned a few Gaelic phrases. Brooke and I are joining the kyaking club together to attempt to meet Irish students. We also signed up for a few weekend trips, the first of which is to Burren in County Clare next weekend. I believe Burren is a series of cliffs and caves but we will find out soon! Brooke and I also made a few Irish friends while walking back to our apartment today, which we plan to see and get to know better this weekend. Should be fun!

We have finally grocery shopped and are all moved in. Classes start Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I love the comment about North Face; so true!

    ReplyDelete