Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things are picking up

At first this whole thing felt like a vacation. I had so much time on my hands to do whatever around town, but things are picking up. This whole trip is going so fast I feel like I'm going to blink and I will be home for summer.

I had my first midterm essay due this week (that I posted on Monday) and I have another essay due early next week. I have been working on it all weekend because my friend Emily comes a week from today, and I want to be done with my midterm by then! This one is easier because it's for my Rise of Modern America class, so I am much more familiar with the topics.

I had class all week as usual, and started a new job at Kelly's Bar. It's nothing to glamorous- I stand outside and promote the bar. It's been ridiculously cold out though, so it's not making work too fun at all.

Yesterday I went down to the Saturday market. I absolutely love going every week and getting my produce from there. There are so many different stands.... crepes, fallafel's, sushi, produce, bagels, jewelry, chess stands, olive stands, bakeries, artists, jams, fish, flowers, home made gadgets and much more. It's so fun to walk downtown on Saturday mornings and see all of this. I would post pictures.... but my camera is still dead. Emily is bringing my charger so I will definitely have pictures soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment