Friday, February 12, 2010

I just got home from class and have a busy afternoon ahead of me. I need to print out all my confirmations and finish packing for Paris! I leave a little after midnight tonight, so I am hoping to nap from about 6:00 to midnight. I get into Paris tomorrow a little after 9:00 am. Chris arrives from Abu Dhabi about 7:00am, so it works out perfectly!

I have had a busy week with classes. I have been really trying to work on my midterm and final papers. They are not due for over a month, but I feel like I have so much coming up that I should get a start on them now. I'm actually really enjoying writing them. One is on the Resconstruction Era after the American Civil War, and the other is on British Politics during the Famine in Ireland in the 19th Cenutry. The one on Ireland is a lot harder to write since I'm as familiar with the history, but I'm slowly making progress.

Yesterday, I went to kayaking club. It was barely above freezing outside so it was pretty cold, but like always, I really enjoyed it. I learned how to go off a short waterfall (only about 5 feet), and then got launched off another bridge that was a bit higher than last weeks 15 foot bridge, but not by much. I definitely was not fearful this time, and am kind of addicted to this adrenaline stuff! I'm starting to meet a lot more people through the club- but like always I wish there were more girls in the club!

I get back on Tuesday and will be sure to give you a full update on Paris and post more pictures. Enjoy your valentines day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment