Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Community Service

So with the ridiculously easy school system here I have a lot of extra time on my hands. I decided that since I'm in a foreign country I probably shouldn't spend my semester on Facebook! (my dad would be so proud :)) So yesterday I put in an application to become a scout leader for 6-8 year old kids in the Galway community. I really hope I get it because I absolutely LOVE working with kids, and I think it would be a great way to get more involved in the culture here. I heard back from them today and filled out a more complete application, so hopefully I will hear back soon! If I get the position, I will work with them once a week for two hours and plan a fun and educational meeting.

I have had my normal classes this week. The weather has been really good as well. I've been going on runs up through the hilltops that have been really scenic! This weekend I am going to Paris to meet up with Chris (my boyfriend) for Valentines day weekend. He is actually currently on a trip around the world. A few weeks ago he started in Seattle, flew to South Korea for a few days, then on to Bangkok, then to Australia, and he leaves for Abu Dahbi today, and then on to Paris to meet me this weekend. We are quite the traveling couple at the moment. I am really excited to see Paris, and it's supposed to be sunny for the entire time we are there, although it will only be in the 30's and low 40's. I hear that Paris is absolutely beautiful, and contains a lot of amazing architecture and historical buildings. I will try to take lots of pictures to post on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment