Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter from Ireland! Woke up this morning to a beautiful sunny day in Galway and had brunch with a group of friends that live in my apartment complex. I'm getting ready to go to church in about an hour at the United Methodist Presbyterian Church in Galway. I've always wanted to go to church this trip, so I thought what would be better than Easter Sunday? Later tonight, I am going to my friend Lauren's to have Easter dinner. We are doing a potluck and she is making ham, people are bringing vegetables and salads and well I'm bringing dessert! My Grandma and my mom would be so proud of my cake (I've posted a picture below)... I'm pretty sure I'm the next Ace of Cakes ;) hahahaha. Anyway, if I can't share the holiday with my family, I'm so glad that I have made such great friends here to make it seem like a holiday away from home.

Later this week my parents arrive for a 10 days visit. I'm so excited to travel the country with them and show them what I have been up to over the last several months. I can't believe this trip is winding down.... I leave May 11th :(. It's gone SO FAST!!! But I have loved every minute of it, and am very thankful for the opportunity to do something like this.

I am all finished with classes, and I have two 3,000 word essays due April 30th, which take place of my finals in my Castles course and my History Class- Rise of Modern America. Thankfully I have those done already! I have two written finals to go, and them I'm done with classes for the semester. Those occur on April 20th and May 5th, so I have a lot of time before those. Anyway I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and I will be sure to update you with pictures from my trip with my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment